MICHIGAN VETERAN HOMES AT GRAND RAPIDS
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Michigan Veteran Homes at Grand Rapids is located on 90 beautifully wooded and landscaped acres, right near the mighty Grand River. Established in 1885, this building was designed to meet the needs of veterans after the Civil War. However, we have built a new Home on the property to better serve the heroes of today…and tomorrow.
- 128 members: Every member enjoys a private bedroom and bathroom.
- 4 home-like neighborhood buildings: Measuring more than 29,000 square feet, each neighborhood can accommodate 32 members. Additionally, they all have a shared kitchen, dining facilities and living spaces.
- 33,000-square foot community center: This space houses administrative offices, occupational and physical therapy spaces and amenities like a multi-faith prayer room, café and bistro, barbershop, beauty parlor, multi-purpose rooms and a large space for full membership and community gatherings. The surrounding grounds are designed for additional recreation and exercise opportunities, with walking paths and gardens.
- 100% connected: All buildings are connected via heated and air-conditioned corridors, allowing members to move through the neighborhood buildings and community center while staying indoors.
- Compassionate care: Every day, our extensive, professional staff focuses on long-term and short-term care, rehab and therapy, dementia and memory care and palliative care. Additionally, the Home provides a broad and advanced psychiatric program to meet the varied and unique mental health needs of veterans. An in-house pharmacy, pastoral care and specialty clinics (such as dental and vision care) are also available.
- Cemetery: A cemetery is available only for those veterans and dependents who have passed away while under the care of the Home.