- WILLIAM R. COURTNEY TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Temple, Texas
- WATKINS-LOGAN TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Tyler, Texas
- USSERY-ROAN TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Amarillo, Texas (2007)
- RICHARD A ANDERSON TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - HOUSTON, TEXAS, Texas
- LAMUN-LUSK-SANCHEZ TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Big Spring, Texas
- FRANK M. TEJEDA TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Floresville, Texas
- CLYDE W. COSPER TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - Bonham, Texas
- AMBROSIO GUILLEN TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - El Paso, Texas
- ALFREDO GONZALEZ TEXAS STATE VETERANS HOME - McAllen, Texas
State Veterans Homes in Texas
State of Texas Eligibility Requirements
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMEBERS:
Application forms are available on the General Land Office web site, from the Texas State Veterans Home or by calling the State of Texas Veterans Land Board toll free at 1-800-252-VETS (8387) and requesting one be sent by mail.
Structure & Governing board
The Alfredo Gonzalez Texas State Veterans Home located in McAllen, Texas is owned by the State of Texas, Veterans Land Board. The Veterans Land Board is a three-member board, which includes the Commissioner of the General Land Office and two additional members appointed by the Governor. The home in McAllen is operated under contract with Touchstone Communities
Long-term nursing care with complete medical and supporting ancillary services including a 60-bed Alzheimer’s unit. Approved as a Medicare and Medicaid facility. Comprehensive rehabilitation programs which include physical, occupational and speech therapies.
Looking for a State Home?
Use the dropdown menu or click on a state below to locate state veterans homes, eligibility criteria, admission information and more.