State Veterans Homes in Tennessee
State of Tennessee Eligibility Requirements
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMEBERS:
- Resident of Tennessee at the time of admission
- Veteran who was born in Tennessee
- Entered the U.S. Armed Forces in Tennessee
- Tennessee address is official Home of Record on veteran’s Military Record
- Has an immediate family member who serves as the primary caregiver and is a resident of Tennessee
- Spouses or Gold-Star parents are eligible for admission on a space-available basis.
Facility tours and/or application process can be started by contacting individual facilities, using the Contact Us feature on our website, or by emailing email@example.com. TSVH will conduct a detailed medical review and evaluation of the information provided by you, your family, your doctor, and others. We will also evaluate other information available to us and not provided by you or others. All admissions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis considering the availability of space and the expertise of our Clinical Director, Directors of Nursing, and Administrators. TSVH will not accept the obligation to care for individuals who we determine we cannot address their individual needs adequately or safely.
More information available at https://tsvh.org/admissions
Structure & Governing board
Legislation passed in 1988 created the Veterans Home Board to establish and operate a system public homes for Veterans in Tennessee known as Tennessee State Veterans Homes. The Commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs is an exofficio member of the board with vote and the other nine members, three from each grant division of the state, are appointed by the Governor. All board members must be a member of a nationally chartered Veterans organization.
Long-term skilled nursing home and short-term rehabilitative center including:
- 24-Hour RN coverage
- Private and semi-private rooms available
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Social Services team that serves as resident and family advocates
- Extensive daily activities program
- Wheelchair accessible transportation for resident outings and appointments
- Spacious lounges and outdoor patio areas
- Restaurant-style dining areas with wide variety of fresh food options
- Pharmacy services & psychiatry
- Dental, podiatry, & eye care
- On-site barber & beautician services
- Wi-Fi and cable
- Daily housekeeping services
- Daily laundry and linen service
- Confidential assistance with forms and correspondence
- Assistance with shopping
- Voter Registration
Looking for a State Home?
Use the dropdown menu or click on a state below to locate state veterans homes, eligibility criteria, admission information and more.